Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jazz Concert

May 21, 2010

If you missed the Jazz Concert at the Blackbox theater last night -  too bad.  You missed a good time!
Sean Lane (1980 graduate of Linton HS) played piano - with Sean Kibel (woodwinds), Mike Moss (bass) and Paul DiNaise (drummer). Paul is also a graduate of Linton High, as was the vocalist Jody Shayne.  For more on Sean Lane please visit- http://seanlanemusic.com/slane/

The concert was a fund raiser for the Schenectady City School District Education Foundation. The Foundations awards mini grants to teachers in the Schenectady School District to fund special projects and items not normally covered by typical funding methods.  Walt Adams, host of the Jazz Brunch Show on 101.3, did a nice job as Emcee.

In addition there were three local musicians playing Trombone, Trumpet and Sax...2 high school students and a young man from the Schenectady area....unfortunately, I did not catch their names so if anyone has them - send them to me and I'll add them in.
I also did not bring my camera so I don't have pictures. - just this one of Sean off his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment