Monday, April 26, 2010

New York State Museum

April 25, 2010

Kind of a cloudy, rainy day today.  A perfect day for an indoor activity.  We made our first visit to the New York State Museum.  A trip I highly recommend.  For free (or a suggested $2 donation), you can explore their exhibits all afternoon.

http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/



Today we specifically went to see 'Seeing Ourselves: Masterpieces of American Photography from the George Eastman House Collection'. The show is at the museum through May 9th, 2010. If you can get there - go.

I've seen some of the pictures displayed -iconic photos depicting the depression, war, politics, scenery.  But the quality and depth are worth seeing them up close and personal.  I love Ansel Adams' work. I know - I know - how easy - he's probably the best known - but I cannot get past the depth of field and clear focus...amazing.

The display 'Women Who Rocked the Vote' is also showing in the lobby

By the way- parking is free on weekends and after 3:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment